- Social lunches are apparently essential government work according to #MduduziManana and #StellaAbrahams. A photo went viral of the Minister of Communications and former ANC MP #Manana having a luxurious lunch while the country scrambles for basic services. #MananaFoundation put out a release to say that #Abrahams was there on official business (collecting hand sanitizers?! Let’s not go there) and he apologised as he had merely extended her the courtesy of lunch with the family. #LockDown much?
- #WhatsappAdmins can now be charged for the spreading of #FakeNews, I wonder how that will be controlled (there’s a tech geek in me that is terrified right now), but I must say the level of fake news is out of control. The chop that shoved a cotton bud up his nose has been arrested and a nation rejoiced to see swift action to the fake news insert. There is a diver term for when you are in crisis underwater STA – STOP, THINK, ACT. #STAEveryone #DontShareUnlessUrSure
- #BhekiCele came out tongue blazing about violation of the laws and in particular alcohol and domestic violence. In true #Cele style he made it clear that this was not a time to be dissident. Already over 1000 people have been arrested and he not stopping there.
- The infection rate rose yesterday and the story of #Netcare’s #StAugustine’s Hospital started to unravel, it is a true horror story that has brought #Covid19 into stark reality for many.
- #RollingTesting is in many areas and has been both swift and with little push back from community, our health officials are doing well in a warzone.
- The #taxis have gone back to doing what they always did, transporting our workforce, the restrictions are being violated at most corners (pun intended), the chaos in transport is unavoidable for many. Listen, don’t blame the workers for non-compliance, actually don’t blame the taxis, blame many decades of neglect (many means more than 2). Give our people (read soldiers) masks and sanitizers and keep them in your immediate thoughts. How can you at home help this country? What are you doing for #CountryDuty today?
- Outside of the #Covid19 media, our dear #VinoliaMashego passed away in her sleep and many spoke of her enormous contribution to the entertainment industry
We wanted summer and now look at us, melting in the corner with sweaty brows and water bottles, dribbling like a dog eating raisins. That was my grandad’s favourite line, and it works, doesn’t it? The #Heatwave is ludicrous; I’m so glad I live by the sea. I’m home,...